DATA PROTECTION POLICY
By accessing and using the App and submitting the form on this landing page, you hereby agree to be bound by the terms of this Data Protection Policy.
If you, at any time, have any queries on this Data Protection Policy or any other queries in relation to how we may manage, protect and/or process your personal data, please do not hesitate to contact our Data Protection Officer (whose contact details are set out below).
1. Information We Collect
If you wish to use or access the App, we will require you to provide us with your personal data through this landing page or on the app itself. Such personal data will include but is not limited to your name, identity card / passport number, address, email address, contact number and information relating to Your Insurance Policies (“Personal Data”). You should ensure that all Personal Data submitted to us is complete, accurate, true and correct. Failure on your part to do so may result in our inability to provide you with the products and services you have requested.
2. Purposes for Collection, Use & Disclosure of Personal Data
- We will need to collect, use, disclose and/or process your Personal Data and other information relating to Your Insurance Policies for one or more of the following purposes:
- to process, administer and/or manage your App account with us and the use of the App
- operating, maintaining and updating the App
- providing you with updates and information relating to Your Insurance Policies
- analysing your Personal Data in order to manage our network and short term planning enhancements to improve the quality of our products and services provided to you
- providing you with information and/or updates on products, services and promotions offered by us and selected third parties which may be of interest and benefit to you, including personalised content and information such as online advertisements in the App or other forms of marketing from time to time.
- purposes which are reasonably related to any of the above purposes in this section 2.1 or for any other purpose which we may notify you at the time of obtaining your consent.(collectively, the “Purposes”)
- By submitting your Personal Data, you agree that your Personal Data may be disclosed to our third-party preferred partners and service providers, whether sited in Singapore or outside of Singapore, for one or more of the Purposes.
- For the avoidance of doubt, in the event that the Act and/or Singapore personal data protection laws permits us to collect, use or disclose your Personal Data without your consent, such permission granted by the law shall continue to apply.
3. Request for Access and/or Correction of Personal Data
4. Request to Withdraw Consent
- You may withdraw your consent for the collection, use and/or disclosure of your Personal Data in our possession or under our control at any time by submitting your request to the contact details listed below at section 7.2.
- We will process your request within a reasonable time from such a request for withdrawal of consent being made, and will thereafter refrain from collecting, using and/or disclosing your Personal Data in the manner stated in your request.
- Please note that if your Personal Data has been provided to us by a third party (e.g. a referrer), you should contact that organisation or individual to make such queries, complaints, and access and correction requests to us on your behalf.
5. Administration and Management of Personal Data
- We will take appropriate measures to keep your Personal Data accurate, complete, and updated. You understand that the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Data transmitted to us, our website, our apps, and is at your own risk.
- We will also take commercially reasonable efforts to take appropriate precautions and preventive measures to ensure that your Personal Data is adequately protected and secured. Appropriate security arrangements will be taken to prevent any unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, leakage, loss, damage and/or alteration of your Personal Data. However, we cannot assume responsibility for any unauthorized use of your Personal Data by third parties which are wholly attributable to factors beyond our control.
- We will also take commercially reasonable efforts to ensure that the Personal Data in our possession or under our control is destroyed and/or anonymized as soon as it is reasonable to assume that (i) the purpose for which that Personal Data was collected is no longer being served by the retention of such Personal Data; and (ii) retention is no longer necessary for any other legal or business purposes.
6. Cookies and similar technologies section
7. Complaint Process
- If you have any complaint or grievance regarding how we are handling your Personal Data or about how we are complying with the Act, we welcome you to contact us with your complaint or grievance.
- Please contact us through one of the following methods with your complaint or grievance:
- Telephone number : +65 9067 3170
- Email address : email@example.com (Attention it to the ‘Data Protection Officer’)
- Office address : Vision Technologies Pte. Ltd. 103 Penang Road, #02-05, Visioncrest Singapore 238467 (Attention it to the ‘Data Protection Officer’)
- Where it is an email or a letter through which you are submitting a complaint, your indication at the subject header that it is a Personal Data Protection Act (“PDPA”) complaint would assist us in attending to your complaint speedily by passing it on to the relevant staff to handle. For example, you could title the subject header as “PDPA Complaint”.
- We will certainly strive to deal with any complaint or grievance that you may have speedily and fairly.
8. Updates on Data Protection Policy
- As part of our efforts to ensure that we properly manage, protect, and process your Personal Data, we will be reviewing our policies, procedures and processes from time to time.
- We reserve the right to amend the terms of this Data Protection Policy at our sole and absolute discretion from time to time. By continuing to use and access the App, you hereby agree to be bound by the terms of such amended Data Protection Policy.
9. Updates on Data Protection Policy
Last Updated on 27 January 2021