Vision Technologies Pte. Ltd. (Vision Technologies) is a start-up technology organisation in the financial & lifestyle industry. As part of our services, we have developed this landing page which allows you to store, manage and submit your personal details in order to ease your registration access to our FinStyle App. We hope that this App will bring you convenience and ease in managing your entire insurance portfolio using only your mobile device.
In these Terms, the following definitions shall apply unless the context does not permit such application:
Form means the online web form that consists of 7 (seven) leading questions that enable us to store, access and view details of your name, country that you are residing in, mobile number, email address, username, and password.
Landing Page means the standalone web page, created specifically for our partners (3rd party) and Vision Technologies (FinStyle) marketing or advertising campaign which contains the Form.
Intellectual Property Rights means any and all rights existing from time to time (both current and future) under patent law, copyright law, trade secret law, trademark law, registered design law, and any and all other proprietary rights, and any and all applications, renewals, extensions and restorations thereof, now or hereafter in force and effect worldwide, or capable of protection in any relevant country in the world.
2. Use of Landing Page
Unless otherwise agreed by Vision Technologies, the landing page is made available for only the purpose of App registration by submitting the form that is embedded within the Landing Page.
3. User Eligibility
- Eligible Participants means persons aged 25 years and above as of 27th September 2021, and a Singapore Citizen/PR, working and residing in Singapore.
- The Landing Page is only available to you if you are joining the partner and Vision Technologies Marketing or Advertising campaigns set out on eitherâ€™s social media platform. You are eligible to join the campaign and submit the form as long as you have agreed to the terms and conditions set out on our partnerâ€™s campaign page. You may be a new or existing user of Vision Technologies (FinStyle).
- By submitting the form, you represent that you are a Registered User. You also represent and warrant that you have the right, authority and capacity to sign up for FinStyle App Registration and to abide by these Terms.
- You are required to provide Vision Technologies with your personal data prior to using the App. You hereby represent and warrant that the personal data and information relating to your country of residence provided to Vision Technologies are true, accurate, up-to-date and complete in all respects.
4. Usage Restrictions
In submitting the Form on the Landing Page, you acknowledge and agree that:
- you shall not reproduce, modify, prepare derivative works based upon, distribute, license, lease, sell, resell, transfer, publicly display, publicly perform, transmit, stream, broadcast or otherwise exploit the FinStyle App except as expressly permitted by Vision Technologies
- you shall not cause or launch any programs or scripts for the purpose of scraping, indexing, surveying, or otherwise data mining any portion of the Landing Page and FinStyle App or unduly burdening or hindering the operation and/or functionality of any aspect of the Landing Page and FinStyle App
- you shall not license, sublicense, sell, resell, transfer, assign, distribute or otherwise commercially exploit or make available to any third party the Landing Page and FinStyle App in any way.
- you shall not transmit, post, distribute, store or destroy material, in violation of any applicable law or regulation.
- you shall not transmit or link to viruses, worms, defects, Trojan horses, malware or any other items that may introduce security vulnerabilities to or harm user devices, apps or personal data.
- you shall not violate or attempt to violate the security of the Landing Page and FinStyle App; including attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorisation, and
- you shall not transmit any content or material that promotes or endorses false or misleading information or illegal activities or endorses or provides instructional information about illegal activities or other activities prohibited by law or by these Terms.
5. Third-Party Services and Content
Where the Landing Page and FinStyle App; contains links to other websites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your convenience only. Vision Technologies shall not be responsible or liable for any products or services of such third party. Vision Technologies also makes no representations or guarantees regarding the availability or content (including its truthfulness, accuracy, completeness, timeliness or reliability) of such third-party websites or resources in respect of which links have been provided in the Landing Page and FinStyle App
6. Network Access and Devices
- You are responsible for obtaining the data network access necessary to access the Landing Page and FinStyle App. Your network providers data and messaging rates and fees may apply if you access The FinStyle App Registration Landing Page and FinStyle App; from a wireless-enabled device. You are solely responsible for these costs and the costs of any other third party associated with the use of the Landing Page and FinStyle App.
- You are responsible for acquiring and updating compatible hardware or devices necessary to access and use the Landing Page and FinStyle App. Vision Technologies does not guarantee that the Landing Page or FinStyle App, or any portion thereof, will function on any particular hardware or devices. In addition, the access and use of the Landing Page and FinStyle App may be subject to malfunctions and delays inherent in the use of the Internet and electronic communications.
7. Cancellation (of the FinStyle App)
- You may uninstall the App at any time if you wish to stop using the App.
- Vision Technologies may at any time and without any further notice or liability to you suspend, cancel or terminate its provision of the App. Vision Technologies reserves the right not to provide reason for any such suspension, cancellation or termination.
- For the avoidance of doubt, the suspension, cancellation or termination of the App or these Terms for any reason shall not release you from any liability which, at the time of such termination, has already accrued or which is attributable to a period prior to such termination, nor shall it preclude Vision Technologies from pursuing any rights and remedies it may have hereunder or at law or in equity with respect to any breach of these Terms.
8. Intellectual Property
- You acknowledge that Vision Technologies or the relevant third parties own all rights, title and interest in and to the App, including without limitation software and portions thereof and all Intellectual Property Rights, and you shall not do or permit any act which is directly or indirectly likely to prejudice the rights, title or interest of the said rightful owner(s) in and to any of the aforesaid.
- Unless otherwise expressly permitted by mandatory applicable law, you agree not to modify, adapt, translate, prepare derivative works from, or decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise attempt to derive source code from the App. You shall not lend, sell, redistribute or sub-license the App.
9. Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
- The App is provided as is and as available basis. To the fullest extent permissible by law, Vision Technologies disclaims all representations and warranties, express, implied, or statutory, not expressly set out in these terms, including any implied warranties of quality, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. In addition, Vision Technologies makes no representation, warranty, or guarantee regarding the reliability, timeliness, quality, suitability, or availability of the App or any services requested through the use of the App, or that your use of the App will be uninterrupted or error-free. You agree and acknowledge that the entire risk arising out of your use of the App remains solely with you, to the maximum extent permitted under applicable law.
- In particular, you acknowledge and agree that Vision Technologies cannot guarantee the completeness or accuracy of any information contained in or displayed on the App, and shall not be responsible for any errors, omissions, deficiencies and/or inaccuracies and accepts no liability whatsoever for any loss or damage howsoever arising, even if such errors, omissions, deficiencies and/or inaccuracies are caused by the acts or omissions of Vision Technologies and its employees, agents and personnel.
- The security of communications sent over the internet and mobile networks is subject to many factors outside of our control. We do not guarantee the security or confidentiality of any electronic communications and shall not be responsible to you for any loss or damage that you may suffer as a result of the transmission of any such communications.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, Vision Technologies, any of our group companies, officers, directors, employees and shareholders and agents hereby expressly exclude any and all liability for:
- any loss, damage or costs, whether direct or indirect, incurred or suffered by you or any third party in connection with the App or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of the App, including but not limited to any pure economic loss; or any loss of or damage to your hardware, data or information
- the content, information and material posted or made available on the App.
- any loss or damage due to any interruption or cessation of transmission of the App;
- any loss or damage due to any bugs, viruses, Trojan horses or similar malware which may be transmitted to or through the App and the information and content contained on it by any third party;
- any websites linked to the App; and
- any loss of any business of yours, including but not limited to loss of income or revenue, loss of business, loss of profits or contracts, loss of anticipated savings, loss of data or waste of management or office time.
- Vision Technologies shall not be liable for indirect, incidental, special, exemplary, punitive, or consequential damages, including lost profits, lost data, personal injury, or property damage related to, in connection with, or otherwise resulting from any use of the App, even if Vision Technologies has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Vision Technologies shall not be liable for any damages, liability or losses arising out of your use of or reliance on the App or your inability to access or use the App.
- You acknowledge that you have not relied on any statement, promise, warranty or representation made or given by or on behalf of us which is not set out in these Terms, the Data Protection Policy or any documents referred to in them.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold Vision Technologies, its related corporations, including their respective successors, assigns, employees, and officers, harmless from and against all claims, demands, actions, losses, damages, costs and expenses (including legal fees), arising out of and in connection with your breach of these Terms, your use of the App and/or your failure to comply with any applicable law or regulation.
11. Unpredictable Nature of the App
You understand and acknowledge that the transmission of information through telecommunications channels is unpredictable in nature and depends on, amongst other issues inter alia (i) third-party telecommunications operators, (ii) maintenance of the App and related electronic systems by us and (iii) the proper maintenance of your receiving equipment. Vision Technologies gives no guarantee of the continued availability of the App.
12. Suspension and Termination
- We will determine, at our discretion, whether there has been a breach of these Terms through your use of the App. When a breach of these Terms has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- Failure to comply with these Terms may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use or access the App or any part of it;
- issue of a warning to you;
- legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) incurred or suffered by us resulting from your breach of these Terms;
- further legal action against you; and/or
- disclosure of such information to law enforcement or regulatory authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required under applicable law.
- We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of these Terms. The responses described in these Terms are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
13. Force Majeure
Vision Technologies shall not be liable for non-performance, error, interruption or delay in the performance of its obligations under these Terms or for the inaccuracy, unreliability or unsuitability of the Apps contents if this is due, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly because of circumstances beyond the reasonable control of Vision Technologies. Such circumstances include without limitation natural disasters or acts of God; acts of terrorism; labour disputes or stoppages; war; government acts or orders; epidemics, pandemics or outbreaks of communicable disease; quarantines; national or regional emergencies; or any other cause, whether similar in kind to the foregoing or otherwise, which is beyond the reasonable control of Vision Technologies. All delivery dates and milestones affected by force majeure shall be tolled and/or suspended and/or held in abeyance, for the duration of such force majeure.
14. Non-Transferable Rights
The rights to use the App are personal to you, and you may not transfer or assign to a third party any of your rights and obligations as defined in these Terms unless you have obtained the prior written consent of Vision Technologies to do so.
These Terms may be varied from time to time by Vision Technologies at its sole discretion by notice through the App or by such other methods of notification as Vision Technologies may designate (which may include notification by way of email), such variation to take effect on the date Vision Technologies specify through the aforesaid means. If you use the App after such date, you are deemed to have accepted such variation. If you do not accept the variation, you must stop accessing or using the App.
16. Governing Law and Dispute Resolution
- These Terms are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of Singapore.
- Any dispute arising out of or in connection with these Terms, including any question regarding its existence, validity or termination, shall first be referred for mediation at the Singapore Mediation Centre (SMC) in accordance with SMC Mediation Procedure in force for the time being. If no resolution is achieved or arrived at within thirty (30) days after the dispute(s) have been referred to mediation, the relevant parties irrevocably and unconditionally agree to submit the said dispute(s) for arbitration as set out forthwith The dispute shall be referred to and finally resolved by arbitration administered by the Singapore International Arbitration Centre in accordance with the Arbitration Rules of the Singapore International Arbitration Centre for the time being in force, which rules are deemed to be incorporated by reference in this Clause 16. The seat of the arbitration shall be Singapore. The Tribunal shall consist of one (1) arbitrator. The language of the arbitration shall be English.
17. Entire Agreement
These Terms contain the entire agreement between you and the App with respect to the use and access of the App and shall supersede all previous communications (whether written, oral or otherwise), discussions or letters relating to the same.
If any terms or provision contained herein shall in whole or in part be held by the competent court to any extent to be illegal or unenforceable under applicable law, that term or provision or part shall to that extent be deemed not to form part of these Terms and the enforceability of the remainder of these Terms shall not be affected.
19. Rights of Third Parties
Save as otherwise provided for in these Terms, any person who is not a party to these Terms shall have no right to enforce any of the provisions of these Terms under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act (Cap. 53B).
We reserve the right to amend these Terms at our sole and absolute discretion from time to time. By continuing to use and access the App, you hereby agree to be bound by the terms of such amended Terms.
Last updated: 26 June 2023